There is so much going on in the world right now. Six feet is the magic number of how far apart we should be from others. “Self-quarantine” and “social distancing” were integrated into our vocabularies overnight. This pandemic is so scary! How do we keep our heads above the water? Below are some tips and tricks for Monterey weddings during COVID-19 by a local Monterey wedding photographer.
Postpone, Don’t Cancel for 2020.
I know firsthand as a Monterey wedding photographer that it can be so hard to plan all the intricate details of a wedding right now. There are so many things uncertain, and yet you want to be married to the love of your life! It may seem like the easiest option is to cancel your wedding, but consider these things before canceling:
- All of the wedding vendors that you worked so hard to build are also looking forward to working with you.
- It’s okay to have a little bit of a breather away from this craziness, think about postponing to another season, not necessarily another year.
- When it comes to being a small business most wedding photographers are counting on your wedding as part of their annual income. You can show support by postponing.
- Cancellation fees are typically non-refundable more than rescheduling fees.
- Contact top vendors and prioritize them. Research what dates they have available and postpone to their available dates.
- Consider a wedding on a weekday rather than a weekend.
- If moving your wedding to a Thursday you can still make your wedding a great experience, by making it a wedding weekend! Having festivities before and into the weekend!
- Did you know it’s cheaper for people to fly during the week? Your guest will THANK YOU!
2021 Monterey Weddings: This Is A Great Time To Plan!
Do you know what most of the Monterey wedding industry vendors are doing right now? They’re at home waiting for a phone call or email to get to know you! Think about you, you have time, your partner has time, what better time?! Not to mention I’m sure MANY vendors like myself are offering killer deals to book for 2021 because now we have to make up for the loss of income during this time. Seriously, reach out! It’s the best time to make real connections with vendors and to have consultations and really take your time getting to know them.
Silver Lining During COVID-19
Let’s be honest, at the end of the day, you’ll still get married! You can choose to look at this situation like it’s a longer engagement session than initially planned. You can enjoy this engagement season longer, there is beauty in that! By postponing your Monterey wedding, you are able to pin down details and spend more time on custom projects for your big day. You can get to know and build relationships with your vendors, too! As your local Monterey wedding photographer, I cherish all the friendships I’ve been blessed with in my work!
We can’t control our circumstances, but we can control the actions that we take next. It is such a challenge to plan weddings during COVID-19, but your local Monterey wedding photographer is here for you. If you need help postponing your wedding or no longer have a photographer for your date I would like to help, please reach out! You can contact me here.